Make Your Cellphone Your Personal Assistant with Jott
Oftentimes I find that I don’t have a piece of paper or pencil handy to take a note, but I always have my cellphone. With the free Jott service, there’s no need for taking paper notes anymore. Let me explain.
Jott is a free voice to text service. After you sign up with Jott, leaving yourself a text message sent to your email is as easy as dialing the Jott 1-866 number from your cellphone and speaking the message. You can also send messages to your seed rep, herbicide dealer, etc. etc. Here’s how it works:
- You dial the Jott 1-866 number.
- A voice asks “Who do you want to Jott?”
- You reply “me” or anyone else that you have pre-entered in your contact list through Jott
- You speak your message
- A message shows up in your email inbox within a few minutes with the text message that you just spoke.
- You can also tell Jott to send a reminder to your cellphone
It really doesn’t get much easier than Jott. I use it 10 to 30 times a week, depending how busy I am. Try it, I think you’ll like it!
EDIT 3/10/2009: I no longer use Jott; I have switched to reQall (http://www.reqall.com/). Jott started charging to see messages, wheras reQall is completely free. Also, I am no longer using these services 10-30 times a week. I typically use reQall about once or twice a week at most.