2009 Ohio Sustainable Farm Tour Series
Ohioans’ taste in food is changing. Conscientious consumers are looking for food grown locally and in a way that protects and conserves our natural resources. Ohio farmers are meeting this growing demand for wholesome food by adopting sustainable farming practices and developing creative marketing solutions. Through this tour series, you are invited to get out in the field and see just how it’s done. Each farmer is prepared to share their extensive experience — both successes and failures — with anyone interested in learning more. Market gardeners, grain and livestock producers, processors, future farmers, educators, and discriminating food lovers are encouraged to attend.
All tours are free and open to the public unless otherwise noted. Events will take place rain or shine.
This series is sponsored by
• Innovative Farmers of Ohio (IFO)
• Ohio Ecological Food and Farm Association (OEFFA)
• Ohio Forage and Grasslands Council (OFGC)
• The Ohio State University Organic Food and Farming Education and Research (OFFER) Program
• The Ohio State University Sustainable Agriculture Team
• USDA SARE Program
The brochure with all tour information is available for download in pdf format here: 2009 Ohio Sustainable Farm Tours