Developed by the Center for Farm Financial Management and a nationally known team of educators, AgTransitions provides a means for farm and ranch families to develop a written transition plan on the web.
AgTransitions is located at <https://www.agtransitions.umn.edu>. It is built on the same framework as its companion product, the AgPlan business planning tool. AgTransitions provides users with a built in "curriculum" in the form of an outline for sections that might be included in a plan, tips for each section, web resources, and worksheets. Most importantly, it allows family members to communicate with each other and outside reviewers (like you) as they develop their plan. AgTransitions is not intended to replace farm succession planning workshops. Rather, it provides a means for producers to put what they have learned into action while allowing you, as an educator, to follow-up on their progress.
For a quick overview of AgTranstions, go to <https://www.agtransitions.umn.edu> and watch the introductory video on the home page.
We would like to acknowledge the contributions of the AgTransitions development team:
* John Baker, Beginning Farmer Center, Iowa State University
* Laurie Dickinson, Only Connect, St. Paul, Minnesota
* Dave Goeller, University of Nebraska
* Marsha Goetting, Montana State University
* Gary Hachfeld, University of Minnesota
* Jeff Johnson, Texas Tech University
* Steve Richards, Farm Credit East
* Mike Sciabarrasi, University of New Hampshire
* Jeff Tranel, Colorado State University
The CFFM team included Dale Nordquist, Jeff Reisdorfer, Kevin Klair and Bob Craven. AgTransitions was developed with grant funding provided by the North Central, Northeast, and Western Risk Management Education Centers.
Entry filed under: Uncategorized.